Simplify 2d quartile chart view legend
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
Please simplify the 2d chart legend, specifically the one Quartile Chart View.
- Delete the q1 and q3 label, along with the min/max label. It is obvious from the viewport title - QuartileChartView. Keep the label "avg", thus giving user a hint what this graph is (i.e., statistics)
- Please turn off "N" visibility by default.
- Probably don't rename "N" (as we discussed), since N is used for both cells and points. Otherwise, N must be aware of what it is counting. If you do, call it N Cells or N Points.
- If there is a vector that is being displayed in the 2d plot, please turn off visibility for the components.
- If possible, if the user only asks for one variable, only show one variable! See example below.
How to replicate:
Linux, master, local server.
Open can.exo. All vars on. Apply.
Find Data, change to points, ACCL - is greater than mean. Run Selection Query.
Plot Selection over Time. Apply.
Now, in the Properties tab, turn visibility off for N, for all of the vector components, and for Disp and Vel. This is what we want, without the color legend min/max and q1/q3. (It's cool to turn them back on one by one, by the way. Also, it's cool to move one variable to the right side (Chart Axis), and then toggle Show Quartiles and Show ranges below.)