Descriptive statistics max appears wrong
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
The descriptive statistics filter seems to be providing the wrong value for maximum, at least when it is used in conjunction with plot selection over time. To replicate, do the following:
- Load can.ex2. Turn on EQPS. Apply.
- Merge blocks. Apply.
- Add Descriptive Statistics filter. Change attribute mode to Cell Data. Select EQPS variable (only). Apply.
- In the spreadsheet of the statistical model, select the row associated with EQPS. (If you only selected the EQPS previously, it should be the only row.)
- Add the Plot Selection Over Time Filter. Apply.
- Delete the spreadsheet views (to see the plot more easily). Select only the Maximum series. Notice the weird sawtooth nature of the plot. That is not right. It should be mostly (if not totally) monotonically increasing.
- Select the Merge Blocks filter in the pipeline browser.
- Open Find Data. Query for the max EQPS. Plot selection over time. Apply.
- In this plot, select only the maximum EQPS value. This curve shape is expected.
I've attached an image of the results.
The two versions of maximum should give the same value. Considering how weird the curve from descriptive statistics looks, I believe that is the one that is incorrect.