Delimited text reader not correctly stripping spaces
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
The delimited text reader is not correctly stipping spaces.
Master, Linux or Windows, local server. Put the following into a file named scalarBug.txt. Make sure there are no spaces after the "scalars".
x coord, y coord, z coord, scalar 0, 0, 0, 0 1, 0, 0, 1 0, 1, 0, 2 1, 1, 0, 3 -0.5, -0.5, 1, 4 0.5, -0.5, 1, 5 -0.5, 0.5, 1, 6 0.5, 0.5, 1, 7
Now, copy this file to a second file, and add a single space after the last 7.
- Now, read these two files into ParaView using the Delimited Text reader (default). Take default settings. Apply.
- On the information tab the file without the extra space will read the scalars in as ints, where it will read the file with a space as strings. This is a bug. I am leaving the following (from bug 13961) to show how to really test a fix.
- Filters/ Alphabetical/ Table to Point filter. X Column == x coord, Y Column == y coord, Z Column == z coord. Apply.
- Now, split screen horizontally, and make the new window a 3d window. Turn on visibility of the Table to Point filter.
- Change color to "scalar" (which was in the table above). Add a color legend.
<> The points are not colored properly, and the color legend range will go from -inf to inf (actually, -1e299 to 1e299).
The same issue occurs with the Table To Structured Grid filter.