VS2019 target_include_directories not in order. Regenerated project will not load.
Not sure if this is just 2 separate issues or VS2019 /VS2019 generator issues.
I switched to VS2019 for this project and have had some terrible issues. In this project I am building a library(live555) and I was substituting a few files with the project that I am customizing. I have done this all the time and cpp files work but I noticed the header search order in target_include_directories is NOT being honored and the order makes a difference or the project overriden cpp includes the wrong, unmodified header. I have to go into the project and press the arrow key a few times to take it to the top so it works. It is not alphabetical, or the order in the target_include_directories() command.
ON a less critical but disturbing note, Reload of project after successful re-run of cmake does not always actually update file locations. Removeing cmake cache was not sufficient. Visual studio errored out loading project giving an error message of the file with the wrong, previous location. Even though it says it cannot find it, it is still at the old location so I think it's error old data. Removing the .vs folder and reopening Visual studio works around.
I did not see these issues with VS2017 and that generator.