Ninja Fortran dependencies missing generated include files
We are using cmake together with ninja for build a combined C/C++/Fortran project. Some rebuilds after a full build or broken builds could be tracked down to missing dependencies of Fortran files on generated Fortran include files (We are using perl to convert a C header file to a Fortran include file).
In the attached archive cmake_ninja_dep_test.tgz I created a small example project that shows this bug. To reproduce the bug please perform the steps:
- Generate a ninja build directory
- Run ninja build -> works fine
- Change the file "in.ins", e.g. change the number
- Run ninja -> only out.ins is updated, but not the Fortran source file including this generated file
- Run ninja again -> now the Fortran compiler is called for the Fortran source file because out.ins is newer
Expected behaviour would be that first ninja run after changing the input include file updates all dependent files.
Tested with cmake-3.7.2 and 3.8.20170317-g45851, ninja-1.7.2.git.kitware.dyndep-1.
With Unix Makefiles the dependencies are considered correctly.